Registered Massage Therapy (RMT)
Massage therapy involves gentle hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of your body.
Therapeutic focus includes your muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints.
Registered Massage Therapists manipulate your muscles and other soft tissues of the body with
varying degrees of pressure and movement. This helps to relieve pain and tension. If done soon
enough after accidents involving trauma and injury, massage can greatly reduce the
development of painful muscular patterning.
Massage Therapy is widely used for the treatment of many conditions
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendonitis
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle spasms
- Sprains and strains
- Sport, work, and motor vehicle injuries
- Repetitive strain injury
- Back and neck pain
- Upper and lower extremity complaints
- Circulatory and respiratory problems
- Post-injury and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Pregnancy discomfort
- Stress relief
- Wellness and prevention